Monday, April 27, 2009

Publix.

So as I was shopping today at Publix of Tallahassee(rated by playboy with in top ten spots to pick up girls) and I decided to take a little walk through its "Green Section" and to my surprise it wasn't that expensive at all. I remember always hearing talks about how expensive going green and purchasing organic food was. But I honestly think it was quite affordable to a middle class income type of family. I generally rarely go to Publix to do my grocery shopping due to my low income budget living as a college student. I rather do my shopping at Wal-Mart because of the ridiculously low prices on groceries they have. But any way, while I was shopping there I purchased numerous of "Green" types of foods including 2 green Publix groceries bags. I was so happy that I didn't have to return home with a shit load of plastic bags scattered every where.

On a side note, I had a small conversation with the cashier about the whole green thing, and to compete with other upcoming organic Green supermarkets such as whole foods the cashier informed me that Publix is also making another branch of supermarkets that sold strictly only green organic products.

http://www.publix.com/wellness/greenwise/stores/Home.do

3 comments:

  1. why would you waste money on the bags?
    plastic bags not only can be reused for other means but these green bags are just ways to help further promote the large mogul that is publix. and whether theyre selling green products or not, there are cheaper methods of buying those types of products than going to the mainstream giant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to always go to walmart to shop but i realized that publix as well as winndixie have great sales most of the time :]
    Obviously stuff like soap/shampoo and what not should be purchased at walmart but food wise publix isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well its like I said I rarely go to Publix because I usually shop at Wal-Mart. The day I actually go go to Publix I see the Green section advertised every where through out the store. I really haven't ventured out to go and buy "Green" types of foods anywhere so I said ehh why not give it a try.

    ReplyDelete